Xenics has released the Dione S 640 series of LWIR thermal imaging cores.The Dione S 640 is a series of LWIR thermal imaging cores optimized to meet today’s increased demand for smaller size, lower weight and lower power (SWaP). It is a cutting-edge LWIR core for the safety and security market as well as industrial applications. With customers seeking ultra-SWaP products with high electro-optical performance, the Dione S 640 is a shuttered version of its well-known Dione 640. This makes it a real SWaP product with ultra-low residual fixed pattern noise and the capability to adjust to a fast-changing environment in the blink of an eye.
Dione S 640 is the solution when there is a need for the ultimate SWaP configuration with no compromise on electro-optical performance and speed of correction:
- for high-end hand-held thermal imagers (HHTI) and thermal weapon sights (TWS) where size and weight are critical but also image quality is essential
- for drone accurate observation where customers will benefit from a very stable picture
- for driver vision enhancement where low latency enables customers to benefit from a real-time perception and simplify image fusion.
- for remote-controlled weapon station with long time operation combined with excellent image stability.
- for thermal industrial inspection where operation times are long and request high image stability.
- for medical applications where speed of correction and electro-optical performances are a must.
- Dione S 640 demonstrates that SWaP and high optical performance are compatible. This will open a new era in safety and security as well as industrial thermal analysis.